Thursday, May 22, 2008

Another Unity and some explaining :)

Hi all! Sorry for the lack of posts this week. I do have cards to share but no time to post. Boo! Josh just started swimming lessons and its been sorta hectic. He is not to crazy about them so I have been trying to go to the neighborhood pool to continue the lessons he learned. He does get in the water and doesn't cry but, the problem is he just holds on to you and won't let go. Any tips would be great! I really want him to learn since my MIL has a beach house and I am always terrified that he will fall into the pier when we go.Anyhoo back to stamping. How about another Unity card? I must admit that this train was my breaking point when I first saw Unity stamps. Since I have a little boy I am always drawn to boyish toy stamps. This one from Unity was so going to be mine! So I bought it :) It's from the "Sweet Baby Boy" set. I combined it with this week's SCS sketch challenge. I flipped the layout to accommidate the image. I colored the train in with my Copics and added some stickles to some areas for sparkle. The wheels are cut out and placed on dimensions for added depth. I also put some crystal effects and dew drops on them. I used my long rectangular nesties to frame the image. I decided to name this card the "Number Train" so I had to add some numbered cuttlebugged paper. I used the numbers collage on SU Bayou card stock. The brad is from Target's dollar spot and the ribbon is SU. To complete the card I did some faux stitching with my white gel pen. So that is all I have today but make sure to come back tomorrow since I have a special card and some exciting news!
Hugs,

Card Recipe
Stamps: Unity Stamps Co. "Sweet Baby Boy"
Card stock: SU Sky Blue, Bayou, Olive, Pumpkin, Apricot, and Basic Grey "Boy Oh Boy" collection
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black
Accessories: SU Ribbon, Copics, dew drops, crystal effects, nesties, cuttlebug, embossing folder, Target dollar spot brads, white gel pen

14 comments:

Shannan Teubner said...

Ana this is amazing!!! I love it!
I wish I had some advice regarding the swimming thing except to just keep practicing and building up his confidence. :)

Marja Sch said...

What acute train an d a wonderful card. So well done. Gr Marja

Christi Flores said...

This is adorable!! As far as swimming advice I would just continue to practice. Have patience and I'm sure he'll come around.

dpkennedy said...

I love this image! You coloring is fabulous! I have two small boys so I totally understand that you had to have it!! Great card!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Adorable card. About your son...is there any chance that he is picking up on your fear of him falling off the pier, so this makes him think that there is something to be afraid of in the water? Kids are pretty perceptive and they pick up on our concerns pretty quickly. That may be why he clings to you. Just a thought.

Anonymous said...

Here are some things that helped my 4 year old water shy daughter last summer. Going to a pool that's like a beach. We would start on the end where there is hardly any water and we just play until she gets comfortable to go in deeper. Another big success was when a friend and her dad went down on the slide together. My daughter was then curious enough to try that with me. The thing that sealed the deal was when we visited a friend and her 3 year old twins jumped in the pool assisted only with water wings. Within one hour Irene was trying the water wings herself! She starts swimming lessons this summer, we'll see. Be patient and Good luck! I love your blog. Sandra

Mia said...

This train is absolutely adorable! I love the way you color. Awesome card! I have a baby on the way....so I don't have any advice, since this is our first. Sorry. But I look forward to whatever solutions come your way. :)

Unknown said...

Oh that train card is awesome! I have never liked a train stamp until now!!

Karin said...

what a sweet card you've made. love it.

Biggest SWAP ever on my blog. Hope you will join in.

dpkennedy said...

I love this train! Great coloring and the CE and embellishments!

Anonymous said...

How DARLING! What a great image! I love the coloring you did. Just so sweet!

Unknown said...

that train card is AMAZING!!!!

Vicki Chrisman said...

What a totally CUTE card!

Anonymous said...

Totally adorable! And great detail! I love the shine!