Friday, August 08, 2008

Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge #28

Yay it's Friday!! I am so excited about this weekend. Saturday actually marks my 5 year wedding anniversary. I can't believe it's been 5 years. It seems like just yesterday I was marrying my soul mate. So to celebrate our special day we are heading out to a wonderful restaurant called The Rainbow Lounge for dinner and then hitting up a comedy club for a good laugh and some drinks. It should be fun. My anniversary gift was the concert to John Mayer that we went to last weekend and, I gave him tickets to see Kenny Chesney next week. He has been dying to see him in concert so lucky for me it fell close to our anniversary. I can't wait.
I am also excited about the start of the Olympics! I can't wait to see the opening ceramony. I am especially excited about this years games because a friend from high school is going to be competing. Her name is Diana Lopez and she along with her two brothers are representing the USA Taekwondo team. Good luck guys!!

So, how do you kick off an amazing weekend?...Well, with an amazing Taylored Expression Cupcake Challenge!! I love this sketch. (I know I say that about all of them!) I combined it with my serverly underused Papertrey Ink "It's A Celebration" set. I love its whimiscal images. To compliment the fun cheery look I picked some Basic Grey "Cupcake" patterned paper. The card base is PTI Lemon Tart card stock and the main image is matted with Berry Sorbet. Other accessories used are K&Co rhinestones, PTI ribbon, circle nesties, and glitter.
If you want to play along here are all the details you need to know.1.You're not required to use cupcakes for the challenge, but if you got 'em why not use 'em!? :)
2.You're welcome to create something other than a card, just stick as closely to the sketch as possible and you'll be eligible for the prize drawing!
3.If you're uploading to Splitcoast use keyword TECC28 (for Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge 28 or link your creation on this post.
4.Each week, I plan to have a Featured Cupcake Sampler! The cutest and most creative sample from the previous week will receive the featured cupcake sampler honors. The winner will receive the sketch ahead of time in order to create a card that will be featured along with a link to your blog on Cupcake Friday!
5.Featured Cupcake Sampler this week is Sarah from Scrampin' Mama!

Don't forget to check out the beautiful creations from the other cupcake challenge samplers:


Stephanie Hargis: Steph's Stampin' Stuff
Sherrie Siemens: Card Creme
Jami Sibley: More is More
Mary Jo Albright: Beauty Lies Within
Monika Davis: M.A.D. Stamper
Lynn Mercurio: Stamperosity


16 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

WOOHOO Ana! This card blows me away...what a fabulous set to showcase this sketch! It's perfect and your colors are fun and festive. Your "popped" pennants are SUPER! Great job with this challenge!

Taylor said...

This is sooo cute! I LOVE what you did with the pennant banner from It's a Celebration!

Linda Carson said...

Excellent! Very creative using the banner! Happy Anniversary!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Ana, great card! Love the soft colors, the great images... HAppy Anniversary! Our's is a week before yours. :o)

Wanda said...

Great card, I LOVE the layout!

Anonymous said...

SO Cute! Love those pennants! Happy Anniversary!

-Jami

Stephanie Hargis said...

This is adorable Ana! :D I LOVE all the details that you put on it! The birthday banner is so great! Wonderful job girl!

((hugs))

Anonymous said...

How adorable is that little banner!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ana, Congrats on your anniversary. Great card. Love the pennant banner. Makes the card so festive. Love the layout of the card too. Linda

Rhonda Kelly said...

Congrats on your anniverary! Whoo Hoo!
And thanks for sharing this fabulously cute card! The stamps are great and I love these colors. Papertrey Ink is one of my favorites.

Andrea said...

Oh wow, great card.
xAndrea

Michelle (aka mybelle101) said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this!! Such soft, beautiful colors, and I love how you used the PTI set!

Happy Anniversary! Hope you have a great day ;)

~Michelle

Unknown said...

This is so cute! I love the banner (or bunting?)! Such a sweet design. Nice work. And thanks for mentioning my blog. :)

Abra Leah Cross said...

The pennants are TOO cute! What a great idea. :) I love the Olympics, too. Can't wait to cheer your friend on! :)

Amanda said...

Happy 5th Anniversary!!! Great card!!

Anonymous said...

Really magnificent I like